The newly introduced range of VTG-32EM Marine Equipment Directive (MED) and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Type approved spatial sounders have been developed, tested and manufactured for use in the Maritime industry. To meet the demands of this harsh operating environment, and to ensure full compatibility with MED and ABS, these sounders have undergone additional independent EMC, vibration and salt mist testing to ensure they are fit for purpose.
The VTG-32EM spatial sounders have been designed to operate with marine approved fire alarm control panels and are supplied, as standard, with 32 selectable tones, two of which are the “Marine General Alarm” and the International Marine Organisation (IMO) “Code 2 Continuous” signals. The devices also have a changeover facility, allowing the selection of “Alert” and “Evacuation” tones when installed using a three-core cable. The VTG-32EM tones provide the most common sound patterns and frequencies and are fully synchronised.
Approved to Marine Equipment Directive 2014/90/EU (inc. IEC 60092-504, IEC 60533 & EN54-3)
- EMC testing to IEC 60533 – Electrical and electronic installations in ships.
- Environmental testing to IEC 60092-504 – Installations in ships: Control and instrumentation.
- 32 selectable tones.
- Industry-specific Marine General Alarm tone and IMO Code 2 Continuous Signal.
- Alert to evacuation changeover via third wire.
- Protection rating (EN54-3 Approved) Shallow Base IP21C and Deep Base IP33C.
- Protection rating (BS EN 60529) Deep Base variants IP65.
- Designed to work with marine approved fire alarm systems.
- Twist and lock bayonet mounting system
- Base locking system as standard.
- Red or white body colour options.
- Made from ABS Fire Retardant Plastic.