The newly introduced range of VTG-32EM Marine Equipment Directive (MED) and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Type approved spatial sounders have been developed, tested and manufactured for use in the Maritime industry. To meet the demands of this harsh operating environment, and to ensure full compatibility with MED and ABS, these sounders have undergone additional independent EMC, vibration and salt mist testing to ensure they are fit for purpose.
The VTG-32EM spatial sounders have been designed to operate with marine approved fire alarm control panels and are supplied, as standard, with 32 selectable tones, two of which are the “Marine General Alarm” and the International Marine Organisation (IMO) “Code 2 Continuous” signals. The devices also have a changeover facility, allowing the selection of “Alert” and “Evacuation” tones when installed using three-core cable. The VTG-32EM tones provide the most common sound patterns and frequencies, and are fully synchronised.
Approved to Marine Equipment Directive 2014/90/EU (inc. IEC 60092-504, IEC 60533, EN 54-3).
- Approved to Marine Equipment Directive 2014/90/EU
(inc. IEC 60092-504, IEC 60533, EN 54-3)
- EMC testing to: IEC 60533 – Electrical and electronic
installations in ships
- Environmental testing to: IEC 60092-504 – Installations
in ships: Control and instrumentation
- 32 selectable tones
- Industry specific Marine General Alarm tone and IMO
Code 2 Continuous signal
- Alert to evacuation changeover via third wire
- Protection rating (EN54-3 approved): Shallow base
IP21C, deep base IP33C
- Protection rating (BS EN 60529): Deep based
- Designed to work with Marine approved fire alarm
- Twist and lock bayonet mounting system
- Base locking system as standard
- Body colour options – red or white
- ABS fire retardant plastic