The newly introduced range of VTB-32EM Marine Equipment Directive (MED) and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Type approved spatial sounder/beacons have been developed, tested and manufactured for use in the Maritime industry. To meet the demands of this harsh operating environment, and to ensure full compatibility with MED and ABS, these sounder/beacons have undergone additional independent EMC, vibration and salt mist testing to ensure they are fit for purpose.
The VTB-32EM spatial sounder/beacons have been designed to operate with marine approved fire alarm control panels and are supplied, as standard, with 32 selectable tones, two of which are the “Marine General Alarm” and the International Marine Organisation (IMO) “Code 2 Continuous” signals. The VTB-32EM also has a beacon-only feature. The devices have a changeover facility, allowing the selection of “Alert” and “Evacuation” tones when installed using three-core cable. The VTB-32EM tones provide the most common sound patterns and frequencies, and both the
sounder and beacon are fully synchronised.
Approved to Marine Equipment Directive 2014/90/EU (inc. IEC 60092-504, IEC 60533, EN 54-3).
- Approved to Marine Equipment Directive
2014/90/EU (inc. IEC 60092-504, IEC
60533, EN 54-3)
- EMC testing to: IEC 60533 – Electrical and
electronic installations in ships
- Environmental testing to: IEC 60092-504 –
Installations in ships: Control and
- 32 selectable tones
- Industry specific Marine General Alarm tone
and IMO Code 2 Continuous signal
- Alert to evacuation changeover via third wire
- Protection rating (EN54-3 approved): Shallow
base IP21C, deep base IP33C
- Protection rating (BS EN 60529): Deep based
- Designed to work with Marine approved fire alarm
- Twist and lock bayonet mounting system
- Lens colour options – Red, Amber, Clear, Blue
- ABS fire retardant plastic