What we believe in and how we behave
Everyone is welcome, valued and appreciated at Cranford. We firmly believe that we should all just be a good person doing the right thing for our employees and customers by operating ethically, sustainably and with integrity.
live our purpose
We are passionate about creating safe communities by helping evacuate people. We want to see real problems and create innovative solutions.
embrace the adventure
We continually grow and change as individuals and together. We are inclusive and seek insight from all directions to leverage diverse points of view.
show the entrepreneurial spirit
We are curious and strive to turn bold ambitions into reality. We are agile and responsive when developing solutions.
say yes, and…
We use our valuable resources to say yes to the right challenges and opportunities. Taking ownership and pride in delivering excellent service.
A SMall Team – Bring your best self to work
We pride ourselves on a strong team culture. We don’t just accept difference, we celebrate and value it. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace.
part of something bigger – halmA PLC
Halma is committed to a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day. A FTSE 100 parent offers security and opportunities to progress among the group’s companies.
A growing business – progression potential
Cranford has a significant growth roadmap in place with our key partners, we’re looking for people that want to learn and develop along that journey.
flexibile – we have hybrid, Part time & Flexi-Time team members
We recognise that it’s important to understand what is best for our employees. We have a variety of work schedules across our team so let’s determine what works best.
14 weeks parental leave
As part of the Halma plc group, we offer 14 weeks of parental leave to mothers and fathers following births, surrogacy and adoption.
Company pension up to 10.5% Employer contributions
We encourage our employees to invest in their futures today by contributing our share.
We run a Healthcare Cash Plan which is designed to help with costs of day-to-day health requirements, such as dental and optical treatment, physiotherapy and chiropody. Ask us for further information.
All employees are automatically enrolled onto our Life Assurance scheme in the third month following commencement of employment. All we ask is that you complete and return an Expression of Wishes form.
Production Operator – Application Method: CV
Role Specific Requirements
- Being comfortable as part of a team working on a production line
- Detail focused with a high level of dexterity
- Eager to learn new things and expand skillset
- Assembly of life safety products
- Quality & functionality testing
- Packaging items for distribution
Embedded Software / Hardware Engineer – Application Method: CV & Cover Letter
Role Specific Requirements
- Degree in Electronic, Computing or Embedded Systems
- Experience in C language and development tools
- Embedded software design and development with appreciation of electronics hardware development
- Participate in multi-discipline development project teams using an agile scrum methodology
- Maintain best practice product development techniques, including training & self-learning
- Maintain full and accurate project/product documentation
- Co-operate and interact with group product management, project management and R&D teams
- Participate in hardware testing to the requirements of BS, EN & ISO standards
- Participate in design and code review exercises to minimise the likelihood of errors
- Support the production activity during and after the launch of new products
Firmware Design Responsibilities
- Production of high level and detail design documentation derived from requirement specifications
- Implementation of design in C to achieve real-time constraints
- Implementation of design to minimise power consumption
- Modular firmware design including using and creating libraries, version control, bug tracking and team working practices
- Design verification of implementation including generation of unit tests
- Verification of quality using code analysis tools
- Version control of software artefacts
Hardware Design Responsibilities
- Analogue and digital circuit design utilising microcontrollers and microprocessor technology
- Achieving very low power consumption
- Addressable fire system design
- Sound production, acoustics, and LED technology